Monday, September 8, 2008

She and I - Ajay's overall observations

I have finally posted my comments on each of your submissions... but, it's been a nose dive after the excellent start with the letters and self-portraits. 90% of the photographs posted lacked any thought and were indicative of the amount of time spent (lack of it) on the exercise. These were NOT meant to be your usual "hey! take a picture of me" kind of photos you take everyday.  If you are not interested in doing an exercise, please don't do it and DO NOT post it.

You guys had just about begun to dig beneath the surface with your self-portraits and lost the chance to really explore how it is that you'd like to be seen. Save two sets of learning partners. Pathetic! And as a class, you have presented such pedestrian fare - settling for the most obvious, easy and uninteresting poses.

Even in the self-portrait exercise, just two of you tried something other than your mug-shot! That is how narrow and cliched your thinking is. If you don't try things here and now, I wonder when will you ever do it. Or then, I will simply dismiss you off as a really dull batch.

Or, would you put more effort and take it seriously if I were to mark you on these exercises?
Also, I had asked earlier about anonymous comments. No one replied. I have decided that you can only post comments WITH your names. From now on, I will delete anonymous comments. 

No comments: