Thursday, October 30, 2008

Reflections- Tapti Ghosh





ISO - 200

Aperture- f\5.6

Lighting Conditions- dull (evening time)

Day Light mode

To begin with, it took me some time to understand the assignment. I went ahead and clicked some photographs. I was not happy at all as somehow the words 'reflection contemplate' kept playing in my mind again and agian. It was important to remember, that it is reflection and not shadow. Secondly, the object and the reflection should be in the same frame. I did not want to use a glass mirrowfor reflection. It stuck me to use river Ganges for the assignment. by the time I reached the 'ghat', the sun rays looked beautiful and gave a warm effect. I felt it was ideal and photographed the moment. In the background is the New Howrah Bridge, Kolkata.

Sorry Ajay, I could not find the shutter speed adjustment in the camera. Rest I have used in the Manual mode.

1 comment:

oops! said...

Tapti:
Cheers on figuring out the difference between a reflection and a shadow. Both good photographs. But I want you to post at least 5 photographs on "reflections" and another 5 interpreting "shadow". - Ajay