Thursday, August 14, 2008

ANEESHA HENRY- Ooops, I did that again!!!!


That’s me!
Comfortably numb!
What really makes this picture a unique one is that, it shows the real “Me in Me”
Me, Dressed up in a formal outfit, hair uncombed and wet. Definitely, the picture is over exposed, but the light gives an amusing effect to it. The diagonal pattern cutting in and merging in my face, gives a sense of contrast of me with the world around. This is a snap taken by one of my close friends, when we were stuffed in our car. It was the 3rd of February 08, my 20th birthday, when I was all set to appear for my Air Force Ground duty Officers’ examination. I was not talking, though I had four more people in the car. The loud and chirpy four were trying to break my silence, as it was my day. I was not nervous, but very calm and composed, all lost in my thought process. Well, I have a bad problem of thinking too much, and that makes me a hyper-sensitive human. Just a few minutes before this snap shot, I bowed my head, closed my eyes gently and visualised Him. They were still trying hard to break my hush. I sat comfortably undisturbed. I was lost; looking into my palm lines’, trying to read them, and guess what life wants of me now? The journey was long, the music was loud and irritable, but I decided to keep mum, as they all wanted that noise. I still sat silently looking into my hands, when one of them shouted out with glee, “Look at it! Thats a deer!” I forcefully made an effort to look towards the window, but it didn’t really disturb me. In seconds, I came back to my real self. After a couple of minutes, all of them got so engrossed in their conversation about something (didn’t bother to know what!) that they forgot my presence.
Finally, I reached my destination. The moment came when I looked up (note: that was the second time!), there stood a man dressed in his uniform, a young Air Force officer. I immediately closed my eyes, made a prayer, “Let thy will be done” and pushed off towards my examination hall in silence.
“Look at you! That’s you”, she smiled while showing me what she captured a few hours ago. I wasn’t really amused that I never noticed the capture.
“That’s what I like about this snap. That’s the real girl, I know. A kid who is mature. So complex and captured in herself. Hates to pose. One can see the sensitivity and emotion on her face clearly”

I apologize in prior, if I fail to do justice to the assignment…
:)
Cheers!

4 comments:

oops! said...

Susan:
Henry, You are one package deal!!! Really in depth analysis, very touching also.Way to go girrl!!
Au revoir!

oops! said...

Deepa-
really soothing picture captures your delicate features really well and wonderfun analysis too

oops! said...

Aneesha:
Nothing to apologise about! Save the fact that you didn't take a photograph of yourself. Though, this is a good photograph and you have expressed very well all it means to you and why. I still want you to take a "self-portrait". I want you then to think about how the two are different and how you feel in the process. - Ajay

oops! said...

Aneesha, I agree with Ajay... It was supposed to be a self-portrait... nevertheless, I love it... you look adorable in this picture!

Radz

P.S. What is your obsession with the song 'comfortably numb'???? LET. IT. GO.
Love ya!