Monday, August 18, 2008

self potrait:prachi mujumdar


Arriving at a self potrait was a little difficult as coming to just one particular photo that explians me the best is really really rare.However here's the photo which I think best describes me as a person.

The window with the steel wire mesh are a symbol of difficulties in my life and jjust like in this photo I try to look beyond them.I try to think over a solutions to the problems.Also the light coming from the window is the most important aspect that I can relate to.My face is lit from the right side and remains dark on the left; it signifies that though there may be difficult times in my life ,there is always the light of hope that I look up to....

2 comments:

oops! said...

Prachi:
Exactly! I want you to think about why it was 'a little difficult" and 'rare". Though, this is a good photograph which does capture a certain mood, look and feel. If you didn't take a photograph of your face, what would you take a picture of and still be a 'self-portrait'. - Ajay

oops! said...

Oi! Prachi!

Really love the link you drew between the photograph and your state of mind. I like your use of the steel wire mesh...
Good goings! :)

Sruti